Contact Us

(02) 4954 6900


42 Thomas Street, Cardiff, NSW 2285

Online Enquiry

* Required fields


You do not need a referral from a doctor to be treated by an occupational therapist in Australia.


You do require a referral however, if you are being treated through a Worker’s Compensation claim, the Department of Veterans Affairs, or CTP/Motor Vehicle Accident claims.


Your GP may refer you to occupational therapy through the Enhanced Primary Care plan (EPC) if you meet eligibility requirements. This allows a limited occupational therapy treatments per year and requires you to bring in your Medicare card.


You do not have to be privately insured to be treated at Newcastle Hand Therapy.